Atlantic Bubble Will Be Delayed

Traduire vidéo
Pour traduire cette vidéo en anglais ou dans toute autre langue:
  1. Mettre en route la vidéo
  2. Cliquer sur l’icône « CC » (Sous-titre) en bas à droite
  3. Cliquer sur l’icône « Settings » (Paramètre) en bas à droite
  4. Cliquer sur «Subtitles » (Sous-titres)
  5. Cliquer sur « Auto-translate » (Traduire automatiquement)
  6. Sélectionner la langue de votre choix

Atlantic Bubble Will Be Delayed

Further delays are expected for the Atlantic bubble. At a press conference on Tuesday in Fredericton, Minister of Health Dorothy Shephard confirmed that the Atlantic premiers have discussed pushing the reopening date back further from the scheduled May 3rd reopening.

"There was a call with the premiers today, and there is some consideration for picking a date further out, but that date has not yet been decided," said Shephard. 

Earlier on Tuesday, Nova Scotia Premier Iain Rankin announced further restrictions on travel into Nova Scotia. Rankin announced that starting Thursday at 8 a.m., people from outside Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador won’t be allowed to enter the province unless their travel is essential or they are permanent residents. These new restrictions will be in place for at least the next four weeks, bursting hope of an Atlantic bubble return in early May.

“That’s clearly not going to happen with that (reopening) falling within the four-week period,” Premier Iain Rankin told reporters Tuesday regarding the May 3rd reopening date of the Atlantic Bubble.

Ontario hospitals are overwhelmed by the third wave of COVID-19 in the hardest hit province. The New Brunswick government is calling upon people with health-care experience to volunteer to assist Ontario with their response to COVID-19.     

ANew Brunswicker in their 30s developed a rare blood clot after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine, Dr. Russell annnounced at Tuesday's COVID-19 Update. 

“While every adverse reaction is unfortunate, it is important to remember that these blood clots are extremely rare,” Dr. Russell said. “The vaccine helps prevent the much higher risks associated with COVID-19 infections.”
New Brunswickers 65 and older can now schedule an appointment to receive a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

“I encourage everyone who is eligible for a vaccine and wishes to receive one to make an appointment,” said Shephard. “And if you can help someone else make an appointment, please do so. Assisting a loved one or neighbour so they can get vaccinated doesn’t just help that person, it helps us move forward as a province.”

“If you are booking through a pharmacy, please be patient,” said Dr. Jennifer Russell, chief medical officer of health. “Many pharmacies are already fully booked for appointments through the next few weeks. Everyone is working hard to ensure eligible New Brunswickers are vaccinated in a timely and efficient manner.”

The provincial government has also created a dedicated phone line for truck drivers wishing to book a vaccination appointment. New Brunswick truck drivers can now call 1-833-724-0088 with vaccination questions and to schedule a vaccine appointment.

“Truck drivers have been eligible to book an appointment for a vaccine since March 24,” Shephard said. “We appreciate their hard work and want to make sure they are protected and healthy, so we are making every effort to ensure they have access to the vaccine.” 

Regulating short-term rental properties is still on hold in Saint Andrews. There was a special meeting of council on Monday night to once again review the 23rd draft of the proposed by-after receiving additional feedback from the community. Council motioned to table the by-law for the next council to determine its fate after receiving dozens of letters from local rental property owners expressing concern. 
 

Commentaires

Nous encourageons les commentaires qui favorisent le dialogue sur les histoires que nous publions. Les commentaires seront modérés et publiés s'ils respectent ces lignes directrices:

  • être respectueux
  • étayer votre opinion
  • ne violent pas les lois canadiennes, y compris, mais sans s'y limiter, la diffamation et la calomnie, le droit d'auteur
  • ne postez pas de commentaires haineux et abusifs ou tout commentaire qui rabaisse ou manque de respect aux autres.

Le portail des médias communautaires se réserve le droit de rejeter tout commentaire ne respectant pas ces normes minimales.

Ajouter un commentaire

CAPTCHA
Saisir les caractères affichés dans l'image.
Cette question sert à vérifier si vous êtes un visiteur humain ou non afin d'éviter les soumissions de pourriel (spam) automatisées.
Video Upload Date: April 20, 2021

La télévision du comté de Charlotte est la seule source de télévision communautaire indépendante du Nouveau-Brunswick. Depuis 1993, CHCO-TV fournit au sud-ouest du Nouveau-Brunswick du contenu produit localement par la communauté qu'elle dessert.

La mission de CHCO-TV est de promouvoir les médias communautaires et d'encourager, d'éduquer et d'engager les résidents du sud-ouest du Nouveau-Brunswick, d'utiliser les nouveaux médias et la technologie, d'améliorer la participation civique, d'acquérir de nouvelles compétences médiatiques et d'améliorer la culture, l'économie, la santé et qualité de vie au Nouveau-Brunswick.

Maritimes
-
Charlotte County NB

Médias récents